UPSC Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination 2021 Notification
UPSC Notification 2021 | Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released an exam notification for the recruitment of 712 vacancies in various categories through Civil Service (Prelims) Examination 2021. This is one of the most prestigious exams in India.
The number of vacancies released in UPSC Notification 2021 Prelims is 712 nos. Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), Indian Police Service (IPS), three are the dream posts of every UPSC Aspirants in our country.
As per UPSC Prelims Notification 2021, the aspirants can apply online from 1st March 2021 up to 24th March 2021. Union Public Service Commission also released the date of examination for Civil Service (Pre) Exam 2021, which is 27th June 2021.
UPSC Notification 2021 Prelims Summary
The summary of the UPSC Civil Services (Pre) Examination 2021 are mentioned below:
|Name of Examination||Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination 2021|
|Organization/Department||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|No. of Post||712|
|Name of posts||(Mentioned below)|
|Last Date||24th March 2021|
|Date of Examination||27th June 2021|
What is UPSC Civil Service Examination?
The Civil Services Examination (CSE) is a nationwide competitive examination in India conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various Civil Services of the Government of India, including the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service, and Indian Police Service. Also simply referred to as the UPSC examination.
UPSC Exam is conducted in three phases – a preliminary examination consisting of two objective-type papers (General Studies Paper I and General Studies Paper II also popularly known as Civil Service Aptitude Test or CSAT), and a main examination consisting of nine papers of conventional (essay) type, in which two papers are qualifying and only marks of seven are counted followed by a personality test (interview).
Name of the Services Comes under UPSC Civil Service Examination
- Indian Administrative Service
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Police Service
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Information Service, Junior Grade Group ‘A’
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian P&T Accounts and Finance Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Protection Force Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Indirect Taxes) Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax) Group ‘A’
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Grade III)
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service (DANICS), Group ‘B’
- Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service (DANIPS), Group ‘B’
- Pondicherry Civil Service (PONDICS), Group ‘B’
Eligibility Criteria of UPSC Civil Services (Pre) Examination
- Age: A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August, 2021 i.e., the candidate must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1989 and not later than 1st August, 2000.
- Age Relaxation: The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates.
- Educational Qualification: A candidate must hold a degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification.
UPSC Civil Services (Pre) Examination Scheme
The UPSC Civil Services Exam will consist of two stages. These are as follows:
- Stage-I: Preliminary Examination – Held in June every year. Results are announced in August.
- Stage-II: Mains
- Examination – Held in October every year. Results are announced in January.
- Personality Test (interview) – Held in March. Final results are usually announced in May.
Application Fee for UPSC Civil Services Examination 2021
- For General Candidates: Rs. 100/-
- For SC/ST/Female & PwBD: Nil
- Payment Mode: Depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash/ Net Banking/ Credit/ Debit card.
How to apply for UPSC Civil Service (Pre) Examination
Candidates are required to apply Online by using the website https://upsconline.nic.in .The online Applications can be filled up to 24th March, 2021 till 6:00 PM.
Important Dates of UPSC Civil Services (Pre) Examination 2021
|Starting Date for Apply Online||01-03-2021|
|Last Date to Apply Online||24-03-2021|
|Last Date for Fee Payment (by cash)||23-03-2021|
|Last Date for Fee Payment (Online)||24-03-2021|
|A date for online application Withdrawn||31-03-2021 to 06-04-2021|
|Date of Civil Service (Pre) Exam||27-06-2021|
Important Links for UPSC Civil Services (Pre) Examination
|Online Application||Click here|
|Advertisement Details||Click here|
|UPSC Prelims Syllabus||Click here|
|Previous Year Question Paper||Click here|
Share this Article:
Dear, Candidates Please share this post of UPSC Notification 2021 Prelims in the below social messaging apps with your friends, relatives, co-workers to spread and reach out to this Job Notification for helping each Other! Click on the “Subscribe” button for an instant job notification from us.
FAQs for UPSC Civil Services (Prelims) Exam 2021
- What is the expected date of UPSC Prelims 2021?
27th June 2021
- How many posts are there in UPSC IAS 2021?
There are 24 services listed in the official notification of CSE 2021 released by UPSC. First few are: Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service, Indian Police Service, Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group 'A', Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group 'A', Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group 'A', Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group 'A', Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group 'A'. You can refer to the official notification for the complete list.
- What rank is required for IAS in UPSC CSE Examination 2021?
The rank required varies each year as per the cut off ranks, rank wise post vacancy, etc. in 2018, IAS was allotted to 91 candidates in the general category.